- Born in Chicoutimi on December 27, 1967, son of businessman Gaston Blackburn and Nicole Desbiens. Married to Annie Tremblay and father to four children, Pierre-Karl, Samuel, William and Zachary.
- Graduate of London’s ELS International Language School (1988) with a Bachelor of Administration with a law and management concentration (1992) from l’Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC). Registered student (starting in 2002) in UQAC’s organizational management master’s program (90% complete).
- Assistant to the trustee and advisor at Samson Bélair, Deloitte & Touche in Québec City from 1991 to 1993, managing director and board member at Groupe G. Blackburn Inc. from 1994 to 2020.
- Elected to the National Assembly as Québec Liberal Party member for the riding of Roberval in 2003. Parliamentary assistant to Québec’s Minister of Economic and Regional Development from May 21, 2003 to March 24, 2004, to Québec’s Minister of Economic and Regional Development and Research from March 24, 2004 to March 2, 2005, and to Québec’s Deputy Premier and Minister of Public Safety from March 2, 2005 to February 21, 2007.
- Chief of staff for the government whip from April to June 2007. Became chief organizer for the Québec Liberal Party on June 21, 2007 and took on the responsibilities of director general and chef organizer from 2009 to 2013.
- Became Director, Public Affairs and Government Relations - Canada at Resolute Forest Products from September 3, 2013 to June 2020.
- Highly engaged on social fronts, he has worked for many years with Centraide of Greater Montreal. Member of the board at the Conseil du patronat which acts as the voice of Québec employers. Member of the board of Forces Avenir which supports initiatives that encourage and recognize student social engagement in urban centres as well as in Québec’s regions. Member of the board at Fondation Je marche vers mon avenir which works to support early childhood care in Québec’s Atikamekw communities.
- Received a civic merit medal from Québec’s Ministry of Justice in 2002.